2018-2019 PRO CLEANING COUNCIL MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
WE MAY DECIDE TO DISCONTINUE OR SUSPEND THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR ANY FUTURE MONTHS, IN WHICH CASE, WE WILL POST NOTICE ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR NOTIFY YOU BY EMAIL.
1. ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AS OF DATE OF ENTRY, AND WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE SCJ PRO CLEANING COUNCIL AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Individuals who are prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes under their company/organization/entity’s internal policies are not eligible to participate. Employees, officers and directors of Research Solutions, Inc. (“Sponsor”), or their respective, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, or web masters/suppliers, and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on October 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 31, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of twelve (10) separate monthly entry periods (each a “Monthly Entry Period”) as defined in the table below. Each Monthly Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CT on the Start Date listed below and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on the End Date listed below. Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants can enter the Sweepstakes in the following manners:
(a) Submit entry once you complete a survey: If you have received an invitation from the Pro Cleaning Council to complete a featured survey (each
a “Survey”), visit (“Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete such Survey by the date specified
for such Survey. Each Survey should take no more than ten (10) minutes to complete. Once a Survey has been completed by the date specified, f
follow the instruction provided at the end of the Survey and click on the “Submit” button to receive one (1) entry (a “Survey Entry”) into the
corresponding Monthly Drawing (defined in Section 4 below). A Survey must be completed by the date specified or otherwise you will not receive a
Survey Entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to extend the date specified for the completion of any Survey. Surveys will not be
judged. Limit one (1) Survey Entry per Survey per person.
(b)To enter without taking a survey: Send a 3" x 5" card with your full name, complete mailing address, company name, date of birth, daytime phone
number, and email address to: 2018-2019 Pro Cleaning Council Monthly Sweepstakes, 13720 Acre View Drive, Brookfield, WI 53005, to receive one
(1) mail-in entry (a “Mail-in Entry”). A Mail-in Entry must be postmarked during the “Mail-In Entry Postmarked By Date Period” listed in
Section 2 above and received by the “Mail-in Entry Received By Date” listed in Section 2 above to be eligible for the corresponding Monthly
Drawing (defined in Section 4 below). Limit one (1) Mail-In Entry per stamped-outer envelope.
Entries generated by script, macro, programmed, mechanical or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. It is the participant’s responsibility to conform to their company/organization/entity’s internal policies regarding submission of a Survey. All entries (including all Surveys) become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each participant waives any and all claims that any compensation is due to such participant in connection with any entry (including any Survey). Limit eight (8) entries per Monthly Entry Period per person, regardless of entry method. Any entries received from any person in excess of the above-stated limitation will be void.
Participants may not enter using multiple email addresses and/or mailing addresses nor may participants use any other means, device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses and/or mailing addresses or other means, devices or artifices under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor's discretion.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: For each Monthly Entry Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, and one (1) Second Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about the corresponding Drawing Date stated in Section 2 above from among all eligible entries received for the corresponding Monthly Entry Period (each a “Monthly Drawing”). Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Monthly Drawings. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received per Monthly Drawing.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email and/or mail. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in a participant’s contact information. Potential winners are subject to verification, including, without limitation, verification of age and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner who will also be selected randomly, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the winner's responsibility, regardless of whether prize, in whole or in part, is used.
Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of date of prize notification. Failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsor’s Privacy Notice. In addition, if you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize (10 total during the Sweepstakes Period; 1 per Monthly Entry Period): one (1) $200.00 Amazon.com Gift Card*. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $200.00 each. First Prize (10 total during the Sweepstakes Period; 1 per Monthly Entry Period): one (1) $125.00 Amazon.com Gift Card*. ARV is $125.00 each. Second Prize (10 total during the Sweepstakes Period; 1 per Monthly Entry Period): one (1) $75.00 Amazon.com Gift Card. ARV is $75.00 each*. Total ARV of all prizes per Monthly Entry Period is $400.00. Gift cards may be delivered electronically. Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the issuer. If a potential winner cannot accept a prize, prize may be forfeited. No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor will notify randomly drawn winning participants and reserves the right to notify participant’s company, organization or entity with which participant is affiliated. It is the winning participant’s responsibility to conform to their company/organization/entity’s internal policies regarding receipt of prizes.
*Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are intellectual property of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, participants hereby agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) Sponsor, its promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies and independent judging agencies), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, personal injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities, and for any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action; (b) such participant has reviewed the internal policies of his/her company/organization/entity regarding the submission of a Survey (if applicable), participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt of prizes under the Sweepstakes, and such participant is not in violation of any such internal policies by submitting a Survey (if applicable), participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any prizes under the Sweepstakes; (c) except where legally prohibited, such participant hereby grants permission and the right to Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and biographical and prize information and/or statements, and the information provided in the Survey, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, commercial, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and/or world wide web, without notice or review to, or approval from the winner and/or any third party; (d) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (e) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By participating, each participant hereby irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief. Participants who do not comply with these Official Rules (including by failing to meet any of the general conditions in this Section 7, as applicable), or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes (or any portions thereof) cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or any other cause outside Sponsor’s reasonable control.
Each entry (including each Survey and all elements thereof) will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the participant irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her entry (including his/her Survey and all elements thereof), including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which they may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Participant hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that the participant may now or later have to his/her entry (including his/her Survey).
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Any attempted form of entry or participation other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, garbled, postage-due or non-delivered entries and/or mail or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, wireless provider, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, application or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether printing, typographical, human, mechanical, electronic or network or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), the announcement of the winners and/or prizes, the incorrect or inaccurate capture or processing of entries and/or mail or email or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, script, automatic, macro, programmed, like entry methods or any method which subvert the entry process will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of any website associated with this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any website associated with the Sweepstakes. In no event will Sponsor award more than the number of prizes stated herein. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AND DAMAGES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
In no event will any of the Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of any websites associated with this Sweepstakes or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from such websites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on such websites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations of exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
9. DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (c) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (d) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket costs, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, each participant agrees that (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of such participant in connection with this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, and any arbitrator shall apply, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin, and (b) any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Racine County, Wisconsin. By participating, each participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Racine County, Wisconsin and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Research Solution Pro Cleaning Council Monthly Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 13720 Acre View Drive, Brookfield WI 53005.
12. SPONSOR: Research Solutions, Inc., 13720 Acre View Drive, Brookfield, WI 53005.